The Home Secretary has laid in Parliament five reports from the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration.
- An inspection of Border Force operations at Coventry and Langley postal hubs March to July 2016
- A re-inspection of the handling of Tier 4 sponsor licence compliance July 2016
Home Secretary Commissions – Section 50 of the Borders Act 2007 enables the Home Secretary to commission the Chief Inspector to inspect and report on specified matters. These three commissions were requested by the former Home Secretary on 29 January and submitted on 19 August 2016
- An inspection of the General Register Office for England and Wales, with particular emphasis on birth records March to June 2016
- An inspection into failed right of abode applications and referral for enforcement action
- An inspection into the extent to which the police are identifying and flagging arrested foreign nationals to the Home Office and checking their status